As final preparations are being put in place for start of the Fall semester, I am excited to share these updates, and few wishes too! First, expect to see some changes on Sunday morning. Our children’s Sunday School classes grades 1-5 will be relocating to the end of the hall, on the second floor in the Christian Life Center. Children in 1st and 2nd grades will meet in Room 205, 3rd and 4th grades will meet in Room 206, and 5th grade will meet in Room 208.
The main goal of this relocation is to create a “Children’s Ministry” presence within our church and a special and unique place for our kids, (5th grade and younger) to call their own. This will provide the much needed larger space to accommodate our rising 5th grade class, along with our Wednesday Night Kidzminster program. This also lets us bring all the children together for large group activities in conjunction with praise songs, lessons, activities and games to keep our elementary-aged kiddos excited, engaged and wanting to come back next week…..and always!
Here at Eastminster we have lots of opportunities and exciting plans for Children’s Ministry and look forward to having your children become a part of it. Please click here with a giving heart if you would like to donate to help complete our CM room! Here is a map of the new locations for our Christian Education and Sunday Classes in the CLC.
Sunday Childcare: Childcare is provided on Sunday mornings in the Sanctuary building beginning at 8:45AM until 12:30PM for children ages birth – preschool children ages (2-4 years old). Volunteers Sunday School Teachers and Children’s Church helpers needed each week.
Five reasons you should volunteer to teach:
1. The students are delightful: They will enrich your spirit, expand your horizons and grow your faith – you need them in your life!
2. The lessons are compelling: They will challenge your thinking, give you new ways of sharing your faith, and deepen your own relationship with Jesus Christ. The lesson plans and teacher guides are provided.
3. You commit to a specific Sundays throughout the year, one year at a time. We have rotating schedules responsibilities so that every teacher can attend Adult Education and worship regularly.
4. The teamwork is uplifting: The community of Sunday School leaders will delight and encourage you and help you feel the creative energy of the Spirit. Newcomers are paired with experienced teachers – and we always need two teachers in every class to ensure the students’ and teachers’ safety.
5. You promised: Every time we baptize a child we are asked: Do you, the members of the church of Jesus Christ, vow to guide and nurture these children by word and deed, with love and prayer, encouraging them to know and follow Christ and to become faithful members of his church? Volunteering to lead Sunday School is a terrific way to make good on this vital promise.
Vision for the Children’s Ministry Room:
When designing the children’s area, our team has kept in mind to pick a design that would be appealing to our elementary age kids. We are hoping for the design to by young – fresh and inviting to our younger families. We vision this room as being a place to gather or retreat when bringing young children to EPC. An example is sometimes on Wednesday Nights the kids finish dinner quickly this room would provide a safe place for young families to gather and fellowship – get to know each other. The Children’s Ministry Room would also serve as a multi-purpose room available to our young families and children whenever the church has events, meeting space allowing kids to play while adults gather and this room could be used as childcare room when events are being held in the CLC. With this in mind…I have gotten some suggestions and done a little research and our proposed “Children’s Ministry Room” will look something like this:
Proposed Sample of Room Design:
The room will have a big screen TV, DVD player and TV cabinet/stand. Added caution has been considered with all purchases to ensure that cords of electronic devices will be concealed for safety and esthetics. ana End Table Couch Couch Game Zone Wall Boxed out Storage Cubbies Window Children’s Table and Chairs Dry Eraser Board T V Bookcase Game Storage Table will be lowered with 6 stools around it. Large rug to gather children on for lessons and stories “For generations, Sunday school spaces were plain, simple rooms crammed into any open corner of the church facility. Now, investing in children’s ministries can create a huge growth area for Eastminster. When reaching out and ministering to young families, it’s important to show them our church values their children and how important their children are to the life and longevity of the church.
To complete our Children’s Ministry project, the following items have been suggested:
2 Couches/lounge style
Miscellaneous wall art
Games and DVDs
Wednesday Night Kidzminster begins AUGUST 14!
6:30PM – 7:30PM All kids welcome from K thru 5th Grade. Childcare is available for our younger kiddos!
Tank you for your love, support, prayers and generous donations!